The Wellington-Napoleon R-IX School District is prepared to respond should an emergency or disaster situation arise while school is in session. At all times, our first priority is to protect all students and staff from harm. Our district has prepared a detailed Crisis Plan. In the event of an emergency, we need your cooperation to help protect the safety and welfare of all children and school employees.
1. In an emergency, we ask that you not come to school unless it is requested. It may be necessary to keep the streets and parking lots clear for emergency vehicles.
2. In an emergency situation we will broadcast announcements and status reports as well as instructions on where you should go, and how and when you may be able to pick up your child. Tune your radio and televisions to the same stations you would when seeking weather dismissal information.
3. In the event of a bomb threat, we may relocate students. We will not announce ahead of time to deter any perpetrators from planting explosive devices at alternate locations.
4. We will not release students to anyone in route to the alternate location. If we did, we would be unable to account for the location of all of our students.
5. Students at the alternate locations will be released only to parents and persons identified on the student information form.
6. In the event of an Intruder lockdown, severe weather lockdown, or any other potential lockdown, students will not be released until the ALL CLEAR announcement. This is to protect our student and your child.
Planning ahead will help alleviate concern during an emergency situation. We are working hard to ensure that Wellington-Napoleon R-IX is a safe school district. If you need further information, contact Todd Shannon(Safety Coordinator) or Mindy Hampton(Superintendent) at 816-240-2621.