WNR9 is looking for a K-12th grade Library Media Specialist, which is a 9 month contract. Wellington-Napoleon is a small rural school located 10 miles north of Odessa. We have terrific students, supporting parents and caring community! We are looking for someone who is able to relate to youth, has the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and staff as well as organize and plan effectively. This person must be willing to participate in the total educational program of the school and exhibit interest in the student activities both inside and outside the classroom.
Coaching opportunities are available as well.
Interested applicants must submit the following by June 1, 2021.
- copy of certification
- application (located at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KdE1Ya14OoRW6DxWH-j7qin8bshSW9zrryTw5z09QBU/edit)
All paperwork can be submitted to:
P.O. Box 280
Wellington, MO 64097
****Applications must be complete (Application, Letter of Interest, Resume, Copy of College Transcripts, Certification and Letter of Reference) before interview consideration is determined.****
JOB TITLE: Library Media Specialist
Provides leadership, instruction, and consulting assistance to students and teachers in the effective use of library and media materials through a systematically developed collection of resources within the school and through access to resources outside the school.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
EXAMPLE (S) of WORK PERFORMED:
- Plans and implements the library/media program as outlined in the district’s curriculum documents by previewing, evaluating, and recommending library instructional materials which includes keyboarding instruction.
- Organizes the physical layout of the library and coordination of the cataloging of the collection so that all materials and equipment will be utilized to the fullest extent.
- Make the library’s resources available to students and faculty through a systematically developed collection within the school and through access to collections outside the school.
- Serves as a consultant to district coordinators, principals, teachers, and research committees in the use of library materials and equipment within the library and/or in the classroom.
- Assists students and faculty in identifying, locating, interpreting, and using information gathered from both print and non-print sources for reports, assessments, research projects, and other applications.