High School English Teacher
The Wellington-Napoleon R-IX School District is taking applications for a High School Language Arts Teacher. The person hired will be responsible for teaching Language Arts III and IV, ACT Prep, creative writing and other related elective classes.
Applicants need to turn in a resume, application, copy of teaching certificate, college transcripts, and 3 letters of reference, to:
Justin L. Mefferd, 800 131 Highway, Wellington, MO 64097 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be open until filled.
Possible coaching opportunities are available as well.
- Plan a program of study that adheres to state and district guidelines, promotes district goals, and meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and --in harmony with the goals--establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employ instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Diagnosis the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Communicate with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and for the classroom, develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads, evaluate their job performance.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Serve as a positive role model for students under her/his supervisor.
- Compile and maintain reports, documentation and records as directed by the administration.
- Takes part in professional development activities on a regular basis to improve his or her knowledge level and ability to meet the needs of students with diverse needs.