Special Education- Resource
The Wellington-Napoleon R-IX School District is taking applications for a Special Education Resource Teacher. The person hired will be responsible instruction in the resource room and case load management. A salary schedule can be found at www.wntigers.net.
Applicants need to turn in a resume, application, copy of teaching certificate, college transcripts, and 3 letters of reference, to:
Justin Mefferd, 800 131 Highway, Wellington, MO 64097 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be open until filled.
Possible coaching opportunities are available as well.
- Plan a program of study that adheres to state and district guidelines, promotes district goals, and meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and --in harmony with the goals--establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employ instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Diagnosis the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Communicate with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and for the classroom, develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads, evaluate their job performance.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Serve as a positive role model for students under her/his supervisor.
- Compile and maintain reports, documentation and records as directed by the administration.
- Takes part in professional development activities on a regular basis to improve his or her knowledge level and ability to meet the needs of students with diverse needs.